It does not matter if you take a short or long trip, far or near; Each destination has a special identity and each one deserves to be planned. It is important to take into account details to bring the essentials, I really worry about not carrying more things than necessary.
The first thing I think about is the destination, the weather and the activities that I will do to plan the itinerary. This weekend Joaquín had a concert in Liberia and we decided to stay at a nearby hotel. I made a video while packing, and now I want to tell you in detail what I was carrying, what I planned and what did not work in the end.
That day I dressed in a cotton shirt, light pants, platform sandals and straw hat. I thought about something comfortable to travel and also that it would serve me for that outdoor concert if I did not decide or could not change.
For this type of trips I always carry my weekender bag by J.Lang. I think we all need something similar, for short trips, as carry-on luggage, and even for those days when we need to change during the day. I was looking for options, especially for Joaquín, who needs one to take to the theater. I liked it so much that he chose that I ordered one for Christmas, so we have it in blue (his) and violet (mine).
It is perfect because it has an ideal size to carry everything, its colored leather material is beautiful and resistant, and its design has a structure that protects the content. It has handles to carry it in the hand and also an adjustable shoulder strap. In this bag I was wearing:
- Outfit to change for the concert or to use it that night to go out to dinner: blue shovel, blue top with green and neon yellow waist bag (in the end I did not change for the concert and when arriving at the hotel I was so hungry that we left the bags and went straight to the restaurant). However I do not regret it because on other occasions it has happened to me the other way around, where I would like to have had the chance to change, especially due to the hot weather or for some unforeseen activity such as dinner with friends, etc.
- Lightweight gown: usually I always wear one, it occupies little space in the luggage, it is more comfortable than the thick ones of the hotel (if it is airbnb there is not) and it allows me a user if I wear a cap before dressing or as an additional layer if the AC is very cold .
- Bathing suit: we did not go to the beach and I do not like swimming pools but this time I had in mind to use the pool space to receive some sun and read in the morning.
- Denim skirt: to wear over the bathing suit for breakfast and go to the pool.
- Outfit to return: solid / black short jumpsuit. In the end I wore the other outfit back.
- Sandals: I had a set and other extra in a bag so as not to dirty the clothes. It was not essential but I panic just wearing a pair of shoes and something happens.
I also had four pouches. They have hesitated because in the video they saw “many products”. I must admit that I did not use some makeup, but I doubt that I will not include them in another occasion, because they are small and you never know! I would like to use less things, but at this moment, even though I check the list, I do not know what I could get …
- CC cream THE MAXIMUM!
- Primer (I did not use it because CC works similarly)
- Foundation (I did not use it, CC!)
- Translucent powder
- Bronzing powder (I used them as shadows too)
- Creamy bronze eye pencil
- Lip liner
- Two lipsticks (I only used one)
- Makeup remover (I only put on makeup on Sunday, then I did not use it!)
- Face gel
- Eye contour cream
- Face cream
- Shampoo (since I dyed my hair I do not use any hotel)
- Spray unravel and protect from the sun
- Oil for the skin
- Cotton pads
- Hair brush
- Comb to untangle damp hair
- Presses, tails
- Cell phone charger
- Kindle charger
- Extra battery for the cel (it must have been in the bag, in the middle of the concert I stayed with 2% …)
- Extra earrings (with heat I avoid using many things)
In addition to that, I carried a tote bag for what I needed by hand during the 3 hour trip by car and during the day. I love my big bag (it is not usual to use bags like that), because it is light, its super neutral color is very easy to combine and although I try not to wear many things, it allows me to put anything for a day like this. In this bag I was wearing:
- Cell phone
- Sun glasses + case
- Mosquito repellent
- Water bottle (stop using disposables!)
- Snack for the road (raisins with chocolate, biscuits and peanuts)
Case with essentials:
- Lip balm
- Contact lenses case
- Thyroid medication
- Chewing gums
- Pencil and eraser (notebook !!)
We do not take Zuri because even though she loves to get into her bags she hates to leave the house (they have to watch the video to understand me). At the end on Sunday we left “running” from Liberia because we wanted to see the part of the family that lives in Mexico and they came to spend the holidays.
The plan ended in the mountains of Heredia and my summer clothes did not pass the weather test. We had to make a strategic stop in the house to change in less than 5 minutes to reach the rest. In the end, for more than one plans appear unscheduled events, but it is part of the interesting, do not you think?
Anyway, I hope my guide serves you, I will prepare a downloadable list for you to have on your cell phone for your next weekend getaway.